It’s August which means it’s your last chance to squeeze in all the things you want to do before the kids go back to school and fall is here. To help you out, we came up with a list of some of our favorite things to do right here in Mission Beach.
Life is better in flip flops
- WALK THE BEACH You can walk 8 miles of beach from Mission Beach straight through to Pacific Beach
- WATCH THE SUNSET Nothing is more beautiful than watching the sun set over the ocean. And if you’re lucky enough, you might even catch a Green Flash, a unique phenomenon known to occur quite frequently on Mission Beach.
- RIDE THE GIANT DIPPER Have kids? I bet they’ll love the the second oldest wooden roller coaster in the world. Don’t have have kids? I be you’ll love riding the second oldest roller coaster.
- SURF THE WAVEHOUSE SURF RIDE Don’t like sand or the ocean but still want to surf? No problem – you can catch a wave at the Wavehouse Surf Ride: a complete land-based experience.
- BOARD THE BAHIA BELLE BOAT CRUISE This 3-story Mississippi style paddleboat cruises Mission Bay and Mission Beach at night with live music and dancing
- CRUISE THE BOARDWALK ON A BEACH CRUISER Don’t own a bike? Then rent one. Don’t like biking, then rollerblade the boardwalk. Don’t like rollerblading, then skateboard the boardwalk…You get the picture
- VISIT SEAWORLD Everyone should go at least once a summer.
- WALK THE PIER At the tippy top of Mission Beach, you’ll find the beautiful Pier 23
- HAVE A BONFIRE Yes, you can still have bonfires on the beach. And they’re always fun.
- VISIT GUAVA BEACH BAR & GRILL First of all, there’s no alcohol allowed on the actual beach itself so after you’re done exploring come in and grab one of our award-winning Margaritas, along with an Ol’Smokey Burger from our menu.